Adoption & Older Child Adoption
In addition to my love of photography, I have a passion for adoption.
I am the proud mother to three beautiful girls that were born in my heart.
We adopted Leila from Moscow, Russia at 32-months old and Mia from Jiangsu Province, China at 13-months old.
We thought we were done at two, until God led us on another journey to China -
this time to bring home our, then 11-year old, daughter, Kara in July 2009.
I am also the proud Aunt to two nephews, born in Guatemala, and a niece, born in China.
My goal is to use this space to share how God has blessed our family and possibly open an eye
or two to the overwhelming need to support the 147 million orphans both here and around the world.

Cousins11x14r2

Michelle R Photography, LLC proudly supports Show Hope, Love Without Boundaries and Half the Sky.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another Letter from Da Xin

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON MY PERSONAL BLOG ON 5/26/09


We received a wonderful surprise in our inbox today!! No, not a TA... yet... but a long-awaited second letter from Da Xin. We're still waiting for the pictures that came with it. Our agency dropped them in the mail today. I am guessing they are hand-drawn pictures and not photos of her, but I'll just have to wait and see. That will be another nice surprise arriving later this week. (Hopefully with a TA!)

Through the letter, we are finally able to learn a little bit more about her foster family. The economy sounds pretty similar to local headlines. In the letter, Da Xin refers to herself as 11. I sure hope not!! I hope she was just rounding up to the 7 days until her birthday. If she was 11 on May 9, then we have some serious issues with her paperwork. I've already started rounding up, so I'll just assume she was, too. The letter also confirms something we already assumed through the referral information - she isn't taking any English in school, although I did find it quite interesting that one of her courses is "moral character."

She sounds like such a sweetheart. I am starting to pack and get ready for traveling. I went out tonight and purchased a few more clothes for Da Xin. Leila has informed me that she wants them to wear matching clothes. lol. I sure hope Da Xin does, too!

Here's the letter, translated as we received it:

Dear Papa, Mama and other family,

How are you? It was very nice to receive your letter, and it makes me miss you more. How’s your health? I miss you…

My Chinese Papa is a gym teacher in my school. My Mama is a laid off factory worker. My older brother is 22 yrs old, and he is majoring in architect. He just graduated and hasn’t found a job yet.

I am 11 yrs old, and I am a fourth grade student. I learn eight subjects in the school, Chinese, Math, music, art, physical education, moral character, computer and science. My hobbies are riding bicycle, roller skating, drawing, singing, dancing and playing badminton. I also enclosed couple of pictures, hope you like it. Seen the picture feels like seen me.

Okay, I will stop here today. Wish you good healthy and be happy.

Love
Yours,

Da Xin
5/9/2009

Watermark (1 of 1)-5

No comments:

Post a Comment