Adoption & Older Child Adoption
In addition to my love of photography, I have a passion for adoption.
I am the proud mother to three beautiful girls that were born in my heart.
We adopted Leila from Moscow, Russia at 32-months old and Mia from Jiangsu Province, China at 13-months old.
We thought we were done at two, until God led us on another journey to China -
this time to bring home our, then 11-year old, daughter, Kara in July 2009.
I am also the proud Aunt to two nephews, born in Guatemala, and a niece, born in China.
My goal is to use this space to share how God has blessed our family and possibly open an eye
or two to the overwhelming need to support the 147 million orphans both here and around the world.

Cousins11x14r2

Michelle R Photography, LLC proudly supports Show Hope, Love Without Boundaries and Half the Sky.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kara Da Xin Update

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON MY PERSONAL BLOG ON 4/7/09


Just moments after I published the last post, I received an email from our agency with an update on Da Xin and one photo. It brought me to tears. BIG HAPPY TEARS!!! Thank you God for preparing Da Xin's heart for this adoption!!

Da Xin quickly adjusted from holiday break to the busy school when the new term started. She studies hard, listen to the teachers, finishes the homework on time and she has very good grades. At school, she helps others. At home, she helps foster parents with some light house work. Now, she not only can cook rice, noodles, make soy milk but also making stir fry dishes. When she received her adoptive family’s packet she was very excited! And she opened and read the letter, immediately she said “I can not wait to meet my Mama, Papa.” She replied the letter right away. In the letter, she addressed her wish to meet her new family and come home. She wore the new cloth that her parents sent, and shared the family pictures with her teacher, classmates and her friends. She said to everyone “I have Papa and Mama, I have a home now!” She is turning 11 in two months. She sleeps and eats well, she has her schedule and she is healthy.


Did I mention big ol' happy tears?!?

Da Xin's new measurements still show her to be Leila's height and weight. And we received one new photo of her (soon to post on Da Xin's private blog). And I'm so excited that it sounds like she has a letter in the mail on its way to us. Hallelujah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment